Low Sugar Protein Bars – These Are Extremely Delicious And Healthy
If I could line up all the different Protein Bars I have tried over the years I’m pretty sure it would give the great wall of China a run for its money. My first phase of protein bars was just buying something that was cheap and tasted good.
My second phase was looking for protein bars that were low in sugar but may not have tasted that great.
This last and current phase is eating a protein bar that not only is extremely low in sugar but taste amazing. Yes believe it or not there are Low Sugar Protein Bars that taste delicious.
Then there was the company came out in 2010 that has ZERO sugar and still taste amazing.
I started telling my clients and friends about them and how I thought they would be big some day.
I think my hunch was right because they were one of the fastest growing food companies of all time. They grew 57,000% in three years. Yes you read that right, Fifty Seven Thousand Percent in Three years. This company founded by three guys grew to a valuation of $1 Billion in just 5 years.
Let me introduce you to who is in my opinion the best Protein Bar company on the market. Ladies and Gentleman please meet QUEST NUTRITION!
There is a great way to remember this company if you are looking to buy a Protein bar and can’t remember the name, ‘Quest is the best”. They do sell other things like healthy versions of Protein Powder, Pasta, and Chips but they are most well-known for their Protein Bars.
HOW DO THEY TASTE?
I would never recommend anything I don’t use personally or something I don’t think everyone would love.
These Protein Bars taste AMAZING!
When it comes to nutrition if I find something that not only taste great but is also healthy, I stick with it because that is pretty hard to find. Most people don’t eat healthy because they don’t like the taste of healthy foods.
They love sugary, fast food and processed foods which are not a good option. Quest Bars taste amazing and are very healthy, so how could you not supplement them into your diet.
If you could comment at the end of the article with your excuses why, I would love to hear them!
There should be no excuse they don’t taste good because you have over 20 different options of flavors to choose from.
I will list them so your mouth can start watering….
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Birthday Cake, Cookies & Creme, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Blueberry Muffin, Peanut Butter Brownie Smash, Double Chocolate Chunk, White Chocolate Raspberry, S’mores, Chocolate Brownie, Maple Waffle, Mocha Chocolate Chip, Mint Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Supreme, Vanilla Almond Crunch.
NOT DONE YET!
Rocky Road, Apple Pie, Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry Cheesecake, Coconut Cashew, and Chocolate Hazelnut. My personal favorite is Chocolate Chip Cookie dough but like to switch it up so I don’t get sick of the same thing like you can with any food.
WHAT YOU ARE GETTING IN QUEST BARS
Let’s look at the big picture and the most important things about Quest Bars. They have high Protein, low Carbohydrates, low fat, lots of Fiber and NO Sugar or added junk. This is exactly what you should be getting in a Protein bar.
- PROTEIN: You are getting 20 grams of a clean source blend between milk and whey isolates (Highest biological value protein available). If you are on the go and need something quick, 20 grams is enough. Isolate is very important for muscle building. Any protein bars under 15 grams I would not recommend.
- CARBOHYDRATES: Only around 5 grams of active net Carbs on average. This is much lower than most competitors and in most cases less than half. These Carbs are also not simple carbs either, they are complex which are the ones you want for energy because of their slow digesting.
- NO SUGAR: Sweetened with Stevia a natural occurring sweetener. Stevia is from a green leafy plant in South America. Much sweeter than sugar and can be up to 300 times sweeter. Also, having zero calories and zero on the glycemic index chart.
- FIBER: With around 15 grams of soluble Corn fiber you get some good health benefits. Most of you are probably aware or heard that fiber is very good for digestion. Many other good health benefits are associated with Fiber.
- FAT: On average you’re getting around only 2 grams of Saturated fat which is much lower than many of the competitors.
SOME INGREDIENTS YOU MAY NOT RECOGNIZE AND WHAT THEY ARE
- SEA SALT: Unlike typical table salt, which is mined from underground deposits, sea salt is produced through evaporating ocean water. This unique source and process leaves behind certain trace minerals, which in turn add more flavor and texture to the salt.
- ERYTHRITOL: This sweetener occurs naturally in many fruits and fermented food products. It’s 70% as sweet as traditional sugar, but at .2 calories per gram (1/20th of sugar), it’s effectively calorie free! And because erythritol can’t be metabolized by the bacteria in your mouth, it doesn’t contribute to tooth decay.
- SUCRALOSE: A non-caloric sweetener up to 600 times as sweet as sugar. Because of it’s nominal effects on insulin, it has been approved by the American Diabetes Association for all three types of diabetics.
- SODIUM CASEINATE: Is a pure milk protein made from casein which are naturally occurring proteins.
- XANTHAN GUM: Classified as non-toxic. It has even been approved without limitations by the Food And Drug Administration to be used as a food additive.
- SUNFLOWER LECITHIN: Is essential to your body and rich in Choline which is another essential fatty acid. You take this alone as a supplement for its benefits. Lecithin has been shown to help with acne and improve liver function. Lecithin is also used to improve cholesterol levels, high blood pressure and arthritis..
If you are buying a box and having it delivered to your doorstep, generally you are going to pay around $2.50 per Protein bar. This is almost half the cost of a Big Mac and way fewer calories than the average 200 a Quest Bar has.
Then you can factor in the 20 grams of high quality protein. I’ve been known to buy 5 or 6 boxes when there is a big sale going on. This becomes extremely convenient to always have one if I need it and cancels out your temptation to eat something bad.
You can always take your five dollar Starbucks filled with tons of sugar and replace the money you are spending on it with 2 Quest bars.
How about that bar tab for a few hours when you spend $50 dollars in just 1 night.
That is one full month of a supply of healthy Quest bars. I like to use random examples like this because I know when people will think about purchasing these Protein bars the price will probably be the most common reason they don’t.
There really is no excuse if you are devoted to living a healthier lifestyle.
THE HISTORY OF QUEST NUTRITION
Tom Bilyeu is the founder and a graduate at University of Southern California with a film major. He was a Chief Marketing officer after graduating for 8 years.
So you may be wondering how and why Tom got to his Quest journey and how someone with not really much Fitness experience became so successful. After his company sold in 2010 he began thinking of what he was most passionate about.
Tom personally had lost 60 pounds and wanted to share this and help friends and family members that were overweight do the same. Two of his co-workers from his previous company liked the idea and joined in on the journey.
The 3 of them started making protein bars out of their own kitchen with no experience in the food industry.
Once they found a way to make them taste good with zero sugar the next step was finding a manufacturer. With this genius idea of a protein bars with no sugar who could say no to them.
Believe it or not every manufacturer turned them down. I think most people might have quit after getting all these nos but this is a good example of why you never give up.They ended up building their own equipment to manufacture the Protein Bars.
Quest Nutrition is Headquartered in Southern California in a city called El Segundo.
This is a great story and how they came up with the idea and were able to manufacture them but then there is also the important part of how to sell them. Tom personally wrote thousands of letters and sent them along with some samples to people in the Fitness industry.
In just 2 years time with all these Fitness influencers, Quest Nutrition was able to somewhere around 10 million in sales just online.
Soon after big name companies picked them up like Vitamin shop and GNC to bring them into the retail world. I think this is such an amazing story when you think about it because they didn’t give up after getting rejected and then 5 years later….1 Billion in revenue!
. …………….Quest also has some other healthy options besides Protein Bars
SHOULD YOU BE EATING QUEST BARS?
No protein bar can replace a home cooked whole food meal. Although there is a time and a place for one in my opinion. During an extremely busy day with no kitchen in sight would be a perfect example of a good time to consume a Quest Bar.
You don’t want to depend on a Protein bar and have one instead of all your meals.
I think everyone should be eating them or at least have them on hand in case you are getting the urge to cheat and eat something sweet. You can reach for a Quest Bar in this case because they actually taste like a dessert.I usually have 1 a day and then my other meals are whole foods along with 1 post workout Protein shake.
This is basically a treat to me and replaces my urge to want something sweet and cheat on my diet.
If you think about it this adds up from days to weeks, to months that I have chosen a healthy bar over some high calorie, high fat and high sugar treat. This is what dieting is all about and doing whatever it takes to stay consistent.
One of my favorite fitness saying is the basic, “Eat less and move more”. Yes you should be eating these low calorie bars in replace of a high calorie unhealthy meal sometimes.
“Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it.”