How To Increase Libido – Send Your Sex Drive Through The roof!
If I told you there are some things you can do to increase your libido that will cause absolutely no side effects, would you do it? OK well maybe some of you don’t know what libido it is but have heard the word before.
Libido is basically your overall sexual drive and desire for sexual activity. So now are you willing to try some things to increase your libido after knowing what it is and knowing they are not harmful to you…..I thought so!
I will be explaining How To Increase Libido in a few different ways and a little more about libido in general.
There are so many things that can affect your libido so it’s very important to focus on the most important reasons it can be decreased and the most important reasons it can be increased.
I’m sure you have seen at your local gas station or convenience store some of those pills claiming to give you a Superman style erection or last forever in the bedroom. I personally have been with friends who purchased a few and asked me if they work right before being rang up with the cashier.
My response is always, ” I don’t know I’ve never taken them”.
Now I’m not saying they all don’t work but I wouldn’t buy something just because there is a picture of a beautiful woman on the packaging and next to here some creative wording. I would have to know what all the ingredients are first and that these products were tested and regulated.
For example in 2017 the FDA had alerted the public on 6 different male enhancement products. All these products contained potential harmful ingredients and these ingredients were NOT even mentioned on the label.
WHAT IS LIBIDO?
If I randomly asked 100 people what libido is I would guess most of them would say it’s the desire to want to have sex. That would be correct, the libido is your sex drive. Libido in Latin means desire, longing, and lust. The libido is not a muscle, gland, organ or anything like that. You can’t see it, touch it or have it replaced.
I wrote another article about how to increase your Testosterone and libido is directly connected to Testosterone. Men have about 40 times more, so now you know why it’s always on their mind and the reason for some aggressive behavior.
The term libido was said to be originated by Sigmund Freud the famous Austrian neurologist and founder of psychoanalysis.
Which is a method for treating psychopathology(Study of mental disorders) through dialogue between a patient and a psychoanalyst. According to Sigmund libido is the driving for and ID behind all behavior.
He said it represented all psychic energy and not just only the sexual energy. As the days, months and years of our lives go on the libido will be affected and drops over time.
FOODS THAT INCREASE YOUR SEX DRIVE AND LIBIDO
- Watermelon is definitely top on the list and has been known to have the nickname of natural Viagra. The reason for this is because it contains citrulline which helps the body relax blood vessels and boost blood flow.
- Dark Chocolate some people think is a myth but since it has phenylethlamine your endorphins are triggered. These are the same chemicals released after a good workout.
- Pine Nuts are actually seeds and have a lot of zinc. Zinc enables the body to produce testosterone which can help with your sex drive.
- Oysters are loaded with zinc. In just 6 oysters you can get 32mg of zinc. Research has shown that zinc can increase sperm count.
- Asparagus are one of my favorite foods when cooked right. Asparagus is rich in Folate and Vitamin B6. Folate regulates the production of histamine. Histamine is the chemical released during an orgasm.
FOODS THAT CAN DECREASE YOUR LIBIDO
- Alcohol I put this at the top of the list for a reason. Too much alcohol over time can impact your sex drive in a big way. Have you ever heard the term “Brewers Droop”? This is when a male cannot achieve or maintain an erection. Without that there is no sex drive aka libido at all!
- Cheese originates from cows, so there can be synthetic hormones present that can take some fun out of the bedroom.
- Mint has menthol in it and has been linked to lowering your testosterone levels.
- Fried foods sometimes have Trans fats were are extremely bad for your libido and they increase abnormal sperm production in men
- Microwave popcorn seems like the perfect healthy snack for date night but it contains perflourooctanic acid. This is actually not found in the popcorn but the lining of the bag and been linked to decreased sex drive.
- Licorice you should stop eating or just not large amounts because it contains glycyrrhizin which has been shown to decrease libido levels. There is a form called DGL which has most of the glycyrrhizin taken out.
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR LIBIDO WITH SUPPLEMENTS
I find this part the most interesting and exciting because sometimes supplements can be the easiest way to increase something and doesn’t take much effort.
Food can take a while to prepare and you have to continue shopping for it over and over. Supplements on the other hand can just take a few seconds to consume and last you for a whole month.
Here are a few of the most common and effective supplements to raise your libido.
- Horny Goat Weed and yes you read that right. Most likely you have heard of it before but does it work and if so how? Horny Goat Weed is a herb first of all and you can buy it in a tablet, capsule, powder or tea form. The main ingredient in Horny Goat Weed is called Icariin. Scientists have found that Icariin works very similar to Viagra although Viagra is much more potent. Traditional Chinese medicine used Icariin to enhance erectile function. Horny Goat Weed stimulates the Female and Male hormones to improve arousal and sexual function.
- Maca Powder is from the Maca plant that grows in central Peru in the Andes mountains. The taste is nutty and earthy and most people add it to their smoothies or oatmeal. There are some studies that back up Maca like THIS ONE and also another one HERE. Maca has the ability to help the body in maintaining normal hormonal levels in both women and men.
- LongJack Extracts technical name is Eurcoma Longifolia.This is something I had recently found out about from a trainer I know. You can find it mostly grown in Southeast Asia and pretty commonly used in Tea. Malaysian men claim the tea improves their sexual ability. Longjack has been shown to elevate testosterone and muscle strength in humans.
- Tribulus Terrestis is a plant that belongs to the Zygophyllaceae family and can be found around the world. There is 2 studies that show positive results with libido, and THIS ONE helped with women.
- Korean Red Ginseng you can probably guess is grown in Asia and can be found online under the names Asian, Chinese and Panex Ginseng. Make sure you don’t get it confused with American or Siberian Ginseng because they are two different plants. Research has show this to improve the libido in both men and women. One study 32 women were given 3 capsules a day and reported having improved sexual function with no side effects.
If you would like to purchase either of these supplements and give them a try, just click on the supplement name. This company is where I recommend you purchase them. With this company all the ingredients are the highest quality and the prices are just as low as you will find anywhere if not lower.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON LIBIDO
I’m not a doctor and only recommend these, so if you have any health problems you may want to speak with your Dr first. Even though they may really give your libido a boost there are so many natural factors like STRESS that can really destroy and lower your libido.
Age is one of the most common reasons your sex drive drops but there are many other reasons.
Emotional problems for women can be a big factor and in libido and more of a psychologically driven creatures when it comes to sex. On the other hand males can be a little more physical impulses.
So even with all my libido boosting tips, they may not work that well if you are living a very stressful or emotional life.
Having a low libido in general can be a very complex thing that no supplement can fix. There are the physical, psychological, and relationships issues that factor in.
You should start by making sure you are getting a nutritious diet, exercising regularly, keeping your anxiety levels low and work on getting your relationship right first. I hope this helps and you give at least one of the supplements a try and let me know how you liked it.